Tackle word problems with our Word Problems and Equations Lesson Plan. This lesson guides students to write and solve an equation using meaningful real-world word problems. Prepare students to understand variable placement in equations and leverage peer learning with small groups that create and draw word problems for the class to solve. Additional resources are available to enhance understanding.
Word Problems and Equations Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Word Problems and Equations.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining how to write and solve equations from a word problem.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!