The lesson covers a topic students tend to struggle with – word problems with fractions. The lesson begins by reviewing key words that will be used in word problems that contain fractions, such as numerator and denominator, and provides a list of cue words that will help the students determine whether to add or subtract. Examples are provided with step-by-step instructions detailing how to solve the problems. Then activities are provided so students can practice solving the word problems on their own. The more practice they can do with these topics, the more confidence they will gain!
Word Problems – Fractions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Fraction Word Problems
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Fraction Word Problems
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!