Students are often intimidated by word problems, especially two-step. This lesson focuses on organizing these problems into their various parts and determining the operations needed to solve each part. Several examples are provided for the teacher to do along with the students, including problems with real world applications, for example, figuring out how to split up a bill at the end of a dinner out. Several practice sheets are included with the lesson, including a suggested homework assignment and quiz to check understanding.
Word Problems, Two Step Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Word Problems, Two Step
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Word Problems, Two Step
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!