The lesson introduces students to world time zones and the reasons for the different time zones. The students should be aware of the different time zones in the United States. Most students understand time zones exist, but may not understand fully the reasons for the time zones. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to U.S. times zones, or for a math lesson related to telling time.
World Time Zones Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about World Time Zones
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting World Time Zones
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!