Our Adding and Subtracting Fractions Mixed Lesson Plan equips students to add and subtract mixed numbers with fractions, whole numbers, and other mixed numbers, including regrouping when necessary. This interactive lesson engages creativity and leverages peer learning as students create five word problems for another student to solve, then check the solution. Additional resources to solidify understanding are included.
Adding and Subtracting Fractions Mixed Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Adding and Subtracting Fractions.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on adding and subtracting mixed numbers with fractions, whole numbers, etc.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!