Identifying story events is a crucial skill for comprehension, retelling, summarizing, and synopsis. It will be a foundational skill that will be used for the rest of a student’s academic career for any literary text. In particular, understanding a problem and solution will provide students with a gateway to understanding various forms of conflict (character vs. character, character vs. nature, character vs. self, etc.) and the motivations of characters and the importance of setting.
Describing Story Events Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Describing Story Events
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Describing Story Events
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!